Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Kick-Start into Summer!

For us, Memorial Day weekend is the 1st 'official' day of Summer!
Our weekend usually starts with my husband driving one of his WW2 vehicles in a local parade. This year he participated in 3 different town's parades.
We find it incredibly important to honor those who serve and have served in our country's military.
Whether you approve or disapprove of the government's involvement over seas, we ALL need to respect and honor those who give all to protect us.

On Saturday our new neighbors invited us over for a BBQ and a dip in their pool! What a fun afternoon we all had, especially Mackie and Ellie who were in the pool for 4 straight hours!
Even Kirby got into the pool for a few seconds to cool off. It amazes me that he's just 4 months old, has never been in water (other than the groomer's sink) and he KNOWS how to swim!

On Monday, we opened our little pool, we fired up the grill and we headed outside for a BBQ!
It was a PERFECT weekend. I can't remember a more perfect Spring than we've had this year.



8 comments:

Morgan said...

Looks like you had a great weekend!

Nicole said...

I wish we had pool weather this last weekend. Looks like good times were had by all!

Cheryl Wray said...

Looks like just a WONDERFUL day!!!!!!! We spent our Memorial Day poolside with friends and it was so relaxing and nice. Don't you love days like that?

Tabitha said...

aww looks like they had a blast!

Nik said...

Oh it is way to cold to even think about the pool atm...

So Jealous!!! It is cold and wet here...but the girls looks like they are having a wonderful time.

Shelly K. Hein-Simmons said...

"We find it incredibly important to honor those who serve and have served in our country's military.
Whether you approve or disapprove of the government's involvement over seas, we ALL need to respect and honor those who give all to protect us."

I couldn't agree more with this!!

I wanted to thank you for leaving such a sweet comment over at "A Treasured Friend" about my County Fair Entry! This is my first year entering and I am pretty excited (I have always coveted those big blue rosette ribbons!) I hope you will enter your Fair, too!
I am loving your blog and will definitely be a frequent visitor!

Loreluca said...

totally sounds like a heavenly weekend! we also had a great weekend, just too busy... if it was up tp me, i'd be vegging in the patio!

Anonymous said...

So glad i finally got to meet you Gabi ! Now i cant wait for me , you and Laura to play ! Glad you had a good start of summer ! you kids are sooooo cute in person !
TTYS !
Jenn