Saturday, July 28, 2007

All About Eve Challenge #3 - Escape

Ah... I just LOVE the challenges at the "All About Eve" blog!

"What is that one place or one thing that makes you forget everything? Is it a trip abroad or in your mind? A chick flick? Shopping? Scrapbooking? That perfect piece of pie? Everyone has that one thing or that one place that makes everything else disappear. Tell us about it."

My take is a bit different. As I was looking through photos I came across the one I used here on my layout. It shows my girls walking ahead of me, just a little further than they usually do. It made me think about their journey to independence and how their confidence builds a little more every day.


My journaling reads as follows:
"Watching the two of you becoming a little more independent each day brings my heart to a peaceful ESCAPE from normal mommy woes and wonders. Seeing you encourage each other to explore a little further brings me bittersweet joy. You're growing up so quickly right before my eyes and I'm so very proud of you both!"





14 comments:

Cheryl Wray said...

That is just BEAUTIFUL!!! The layout design is wonderful and that photo is priceless! Great job!

MsGrace said...

awesome photo & love the white pen work....you rawk girlfriend!!!

Laura

Je@net said...

Just love your take on this challenge Gabi!!
Great LO design and what a sweet picture!

Tracie said...

Awe how sweet!! Very cute layout indeed and you are such a great mommy! It's funny because I was just thinking about how my boys are really helping each other grow and become young men as I watch them from afar. It's very humbling.

Nat said...

such a beautiful photo and gorgeous layout! Love it!!! Danke für Deinen KOmmentar auf meinem Blog :-)

Sharmaine said...

Love the layout! Great 'twist' on the challenge, love it!
Thanks for stopping by my blog and your kind words :)
Hope the weekend is a fun one

Loreluca said...

That is one BREATHTAKING picture, Gabz! The Layout is gorgeous, the emotions it inspires are just so sweet... LOVE IT!

m i c h e l l e said...

Gorgeous LO Gabi! Love the colors and your journaling and that photo are *magic* together! :-)

skrpndiva said...

Wow girlers, you are profound! lol

Beautiful layout as usual. You are so my scrapping hero! I can't begin to tell you how many layouts of yours I have in my Gabi file to copy!

You rock baby!

Paula said...

Cool page. Love the photo.

denean said...

Great layout - LOVE the pic!

charlotte said...

I really love your take on the challenge! Great pic. and wonderful colors!
A BEAUTIFUL PAGE!!

~Charlotte in Denmark~

lauren said...

that is FAB to look at *and* an amazing take on that challenge. WOW!

(oh yeah, but mostly i came to say THANK YOU for your help!) :)

DEW said...

This is sooooo sweet Gabi! And think what a treasure this will be for them when they grow up. Your wishes for them. Brings a tear to my eye!