Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Still packing....

I've come to the conclusion that even though you maybe looking forward to something, the process of getting there can still be stressful (even if it's subconsciously). I am, VERY MUCH, looking forward to moving. I am actually enjoying the packing and organizing and house preparations. It's nice to see things starting to LOOK like we're moving and it's encouraging to know that we'll have our house on the market soon. Here comes the stressful part. I think I'm stressed. I don't know exactly what's stressing me out, but something is. I find that my patience is shorter than usual, (a 2cm fuse instead of my normal 3 cm fuse! HAHAH!!) my sleep isn't restful and that's weird because usually I'm a good sleeper. I've been up at 4AM almost every morning lately with a racing mind. I don't even know what my mind is racing about. It's all subconscious and when I wake up at 4AM all that racing stops so I can't even remember what it was that I was dreaming or thinking about. I do, however, think it's moving related. While all the preparations and stuff doesn't seem stressful I think the fact that we don't know where we're going IS stressful. We have a general area in mind but not one pinpoint spot. We know what type of home and property we want but in all reality, we have to wait until we gett his house on the market and SELL it before we can actually BUY something else. My hubby starts his new job IN PA on July 10th and I don't know what point we'll be at with all this moving stuff by then. It's less than a month away and we have some major things to accomplish here before we can even put this house on the market. I am rambling, yes.... I know. On top of all of that, we're actually selling 2 properties at the same time so our time is spread out between the 2 places setting up appointments for workmen to come do their thing and then having to be 2 places at once, which is pretty impossible, I've found. All I can say is that I will be VERY glad once it's all done and we're settled wherever the heck it is we're going!!! I know I have a LOT of neat thoughts and photos and stuff to scrapbook about this so-called journey and I look forward to sitting down with my friends at a scrapbooking crop and scrapping it all!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry Gabi, but I had to laugh. I was wondering at what point it would get to you...I guess nobody can go through this without stress. Try to do it your way and make the girls feel like they are part of it. Hopefully things go smooth with the sales. I keep my fingers crossed and will keep checking in here! Hugs,

Artful Creations by Tracie said...

You do have so much going on, how can it not be stressful?? Just be sure to take some needed time for yourself so it doesn't turn into anything worse...like a breakdown.

And hey...I'll be in Hershey PA end of July! Love to see you!!!!

Loreluca said...

Well, I'm sooo not good at handling stress, so my sleeping patterns are always a mess, I can relate... Take a nice hot bath, and try to do breathing exercises. Hot cocoa also works for me. And if nothing else works, just think "This, too, shall pass".

Hope you can get a good night sleep soon!

Kim -today's creative blog said...

gabi, even things we are looking forward too can be stressful. There are so many details, I am sure that's why your mind is racing.